Sunday, November 2, 2008

20 Km ... in 2:37:46:43

For the first time in my life ... i ran 20km ... part of my mileage training and more importantly to accustome my lethargic muscles to the distance, repetittion and the long hours of running + in my case ... with walking :)...for My Penang bridge run of 25KM

It’s actually very very tough to run this distance... without the race day magic… Started from my house and ran pass the LDP and did my rounds in Tmn Tun, all the Haji Openg, Zaabas' & Athinahapans.. to make up my 20Km distance.. once passed 15km, I could feel that every step i took, used a lot more extra effort.

Whenever my foot touch the road, with the tired and sore calves and thigh muscles, I could feel the shock going into knees and back.. felt like every step was torture... at this point, I felt like I want to die... lie on the road and hail a cab to take me home..

Using the Penang bridge run as my goal and inspiration, i pushed on.. the final km home... is actually a steep uphill, the road coming in from the LDP up to the Citibank slope...

Makes me wonder how am I going to complete the full marathon KLIM?? ... well gotta take 1 milestone at a time ..after the penang bridge.. will be the great eastern lake gardens 30.1km in January. Quite Brutal ya ... after 20KM looks like i went through war
My calves shrank so much after the run ..




No comments: