Monday, August 3, 2009

one full circle

I am what runners would call a young runner. Completing Adidas King of the road 2009 yesterday, I have completed 1 full circle :)

1 whole year of competitive running... or races.. I am by nature not a fast runner, however

I am proud to say that I have finished all events without incident i.e no injuries, cramps.

Except for Malakoff TTDI.. where I think its partly psychological as well.. having the double loop run of the Taman Rimba TTDI..

The pace which I "run".. does not qualify as running by some hardcore runners. I would be called jogger. My average pace of 10 km in 70 minutes and 21km in 2hr 40 minutes.

In the past year, I have completed seventeen events, including a Towerthon.

I am now training towards my first Full Marathon (42.195KM), on the 22nd November 2009. I have started my training; however I am worried I might die on the way to the race. One of the long runs before race day is 37Km, I will try my best to attempt that closest to race day conditions, flag off at 3am. From this run, I will gauge if I will be able to complete my full marathon and also what pace to expect.

Rule of thumb states that full marathon time can be calculated by current longest race, multiplied by 2 add 1 hour. That will bring my timing up to 6 hours 20 minutes. This is not good enough as Penang Bridge Marathon time qualification is 6 hours.

So 2nd week into my training, everything below the head seem to be in order, except for some minor dull ache’s and tightness. I’m currently at 55.5km of my 956.7km.

Friends wish me luck J

No comments: