Sunday, July 20, 2008

King Of The Road Trials 1


Sunday morning...breaking off from my traditionally sluggish Sunday.. i woke up early to attempt the Adidas King Of the Road..10Kilometer...

After My stake out last Thursday.. i gotta try it out to make sure i save myself some face & also find out will i be the last to complete the race...

As i previously mentioned being a honey moon runner... slopes dont agree with me.. form the start.. heading towards the persiaran roundabout.. my right shin start giving me the splits... i trudged on and just outside the post office i stopped to stretch my right shin..

Continued on a very difficult & anti gravity upslope to the Kayangan roundabout.. here i bumped into 4 runners, going the opposite direction... quite elderly... but seem to have more breath than me.. with the motivational Pace setters singlet... yellow and blue. When you are in the same predicament.. running, you are always friendly to other runnera.. its a universal *sweat&toil* situation.. we exchanged the 'morning' greeting & they sped away.. they look much more like runners than my fat self.

The straight stretch along the Concorde Hotel... looked very very long... 1st split.. traffic light at Concorde Hotel.. 30:28 @ 4.3Km.. looked promising..:)..running and walking... pushing myself with the lamp post, and bridges as my mini goals.. i reached the traffic light junction of Persiaran Dato Menteri, 2nd split 48:50 @ 6.5 Km..

Initially i set a ceiling time of 90 minutes for my trials... but with 4.5 kilometer to go.. and almost half the time left... i started to relax & concentrate on my muscles not freezing up. So its running along the Persiaran Dato Menteri.. pass Mestika roundabout to Permai round about. taking the 9 O clock exit with Mcdonalds on my right and the Shah Alam stadium in sight, I controlled my pace to make sure i can finish... i could feel myself running empty and out of gas.

I got to the Setiajasa round about...its one bloody BIG round about... almost like a 400Meter olympic sized lap.. took the 3 O clock exit and its the final stretch to the finish line.. however, this final stretch is upslope... pushing my fat ass up the slope, i nearly slowed down to a walk... but my mind was pushing my body to put 1 step at a time to the end.. finished @ 74:43:70.. (see attached photo) and i felt like dying..

All this time i was running, the motivation (dangled carrot) was that after the run, i will be going to Klang to have my dried Bah Kut Teh for Breakfast... hey with all this running we gotta refuel right ...

No comments: