Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kitajima completes breaststroke double












Got home early from work today... naturally with all the olympic hype & the olympians smashing all the world & olympic records.. the competative sports buzz is about..
Statred watching olympics... at 6pm... swimming events... they were showing the highlights... it was so inspiring to watch them swim, epscially with the green line on screen marking out the world record..

Subliminally.. watching swimming, world record breaking.. champion athletes.. made me feel like swimming too *ahem*.. well all sports & running magazine always advised to have alternative cross training ..

So 630pm ... changed & got down to the pool... see i am a terrible swimmer... but with the image of kosuke kitajima... the Japanese who just won the 200M breast stroke gold... incidentaly my lazy swimmer discipline too .. i got hyped up & put on my trusty timex.. to check my time againts the champs...

Suprisingly no one was in the pool, maybe being 14th day, 7th month of the chinese calender... hungry ghost festival.. so showered then jumped in the pool... reset my watch & breast stroked so fast that i felt my calf, muscle starting to pull...That is not possible as i am in the water no impact... dammit...fatness catching up with me even in the pool

I am sure my pool is not 50 meters in length.. as in the official olympic pools.. one lap 51 :01 sec , 2nd lap 58 :31sec ... pathetic, if compared with the best..

Kitajima... 31.75 sec for 50 meters..... Olympic gold Beijing 2008 2min7.64 seconds for 200 meters..

I feel its more tiring to swim... anyway was thinking of swimming 10 laps... but on the 4th lap... was feeling sort of out of breath... so finished up my 5th lap then waddled in the pool for a while...

To wrap things up ... I decided to swim 1 final all out lap... time 1:50:18 ... to me it was fast because i swam out of my skin ... so fast that i felt myself sweat.. & my goggles fogged up till i couldnt see..

Swimmer... i sure am not... running.. still the better choice... dont think a triathalon will ever be in my sites... unless its a team relay ..

No comments: